How administrators at all levels can manage access to your company's research.
Navigate to your avatar in the top right-hand corner and go to Settings.
This is where you can manage your personal settings and company settings (to the extent that you have some admin control).
Kyso Organisation & Channel Settings
You can see all the organisations and channels that you have access to, as well as all the Members that belong to each Organisation and Channel.
Select an Organisation in the sidebar to see all the channels that you have access to in that Organisation.
Click on a Channel in the Channels tab to reveal all of the teams that you have access to. Click into any Channel to reveal the team-specific settings:
Note that Kyso Organisations are public (on the network) by default, so users without explicit access to an Organisation or those who have been removed will still have access to that Organisation (to all public & protected channel content).
There are a small set of roles predefined at Kyso that can be used across the entire application. These roles are just a specific set of permissions grouped under the “umbrella” of a role.
Channels and Teams mean the same thing on Kyso so might be used interchangeably across the public documentation and Git repositories.
These are the Platform Roles available:
- Platform / Account Admin (platform-admin). Full access to every single entity at Kyso. Also known as the Global Admin. Full control without restriction.
- Organization Admin (organization-admin). Full access but restricted to a specific organization. While the Platform Admin can make changes in every organization, an organization admin only can perform that changes inside his organization. An organization admin can’t:
- Create new organizations. This should be done by the Platform Admin.
- Team / Channel Admin (team-admin). Full access, but restricted to a specific channel inside an organization. A team admin cannot:
- Create new teams. This should be done by the Organization Admin.
- Team Contributor (team-contributor). Allowed to create and edit content inside a channel (comments, reports, etc.)
- Team Reader (team-reader). Only allowed to read content inside a channel.
- A user can play different roles across different Organizations and Channels.
- That’s also true for teams / channels, the user “[email protected]” can be a Team Admin in the channel “my-awesome-team” in the organization “Kyso” but a Team Reader in the channel “another-awesome-team” in the same organization.